Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wedding Notes

I’ve been making myself sick for about two months now. It started with the date. Seems everyone thought they had a right to an opinion, including the Beloved. After much screaming, gnashing of teeth and a few threats to call the whole thing off, we agreed on a day. Okay, so the date’s set and I move on to the next phase. Picking a reception site. Sounds easy doesn’t it. After two trips to the wedding city and looking at eleven places to satisfy my curiosity and belief that the very one I wouldn’t look at would be perfect and cheap. After eleven, Beloved called it quits. I started to cry. That’s when my control freak became painful. We chose the first site we looked at. Beloved remarked that he had known when we walked in it the first time that it was the one. Yeah, rub it in.

Then we moved on to bridesmaid dresses. Despite the fact it was the only thing on my mind, turns out my bridesmaids thought about a lot of things. None of which were whether crepe or chiffon would look better, what color would look best by candle light and should we pick out shoes or just decorate some canvas sneakers. Finally, wedding thank you notes wording attracted the gathering. One has stopped returning my calls regarding ballet slippers, dress length and empire waists. Have a nice day!

No comments: