Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wonderful Postcards

Hey buddies, how many of you love to express all your feelings through greetings or postcards as much as I do? I feel like I am in heaven when I get a card that matches the exact feeling of my heart. All the time I look forward to express my emotions through standard sized postcards so that it will seem normal. Well, at first I didn't know how much it cost to send a postcard. When I figured it out, I finally got the courage to ask (in my awful) German for a bunch of stamps in the right amount. I made a list of those whom I need to send postcards. The list got longer and longer. I bought a bunch of postcards. I just sat down and wrote them, to a whole bunch of people. Then I had to find a mailbox. Upon dropping them in, I felt instantly better, but not as good as when the first person let me know they received a postcard from me.

Remember, a postcard is not a billboard or a print ad. And it’s not a piece of slick corporate advertising. It’s a kick in the seat of the pants or a sharp punch between the shoulder blades to get people to take just one, teeny little step forward. The typical postcard is about 4″x6″. However, jumbo cards can be up to 6″x9″ or larger. You don’t get low postcard rates, but response is generally higher for the reason that card is neither big nor too small. Standard sized cards will always serve a better purpose.

No comments: